monkey jewel

monkey jewel
what..am I supposed to write something here as well now?

Thursday 27 October 2011

4:19 am

Had a confusing and terrifying episode of sleep paralysis where during sleep, my brain woke up but my body was still asleep. It usually results in a hallucination and/or the feeling that some other agent is present right next to you. It was like a nightmare where i tried to scream  but no voice would come out. I tried to move my body but couldn't.

Whats concerning is that upon waking up, (rather than being terrified) I hopped out of bed at 4 am, excited out of my mind, texted all my friends and now i am blogging about this. I had a real hallucination! I saw a black shadowy figure approaching me. It was so cool.

Getting excited over having a nightmare is concerning...

2 comments:

  1. I've done this...,well, similar.
    Having a dream where you can't make a sound and you're in bed and you're not sure it's a dream. It's only when you see something out of the ordinary ("HEY! I don't have green sheets!") that you realize it's a dream and wake up.

    Dreams are cool. It's like a mini-movie. i had nightmares when I was a kid about being chased by someone with a big knife. Now I have the big knife and I'm doing the chasing. I don't know what that sez about me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how people try to analyse dreams and tell others stuff like: this shows repressed feelings for so and so, or this shows anxiety, well alot of times, it doesnt show anything at all. Sometimes its a completely random image. We have a habit of putting meanings to random images. That better not have been a rhetorical question! aagghh

    ReplyDelete